0

birthday planning

Someone very special is having her first birthday party! I'm so excited and at the same time in shock that her 1st birthday has so quickly approached. I can't believe that a year ago I was eagerly prepping for the unknown experience of childbirth. I read everything there was to know about childbirth and watched every episode of 'A Baby Story' on TLC. I did so much research that I freaked myself out about the worst case scenarios. What a stressful time! Thankfully, I expected the worst and it wasn't that bad! Maybe there's a lesson in that. Always expect the worst. Actually, that would lead to a very depressing life...so, maybe that's not the best lesson. Anyways, one year later, here I am, prepping for her birthday party! What are you supposed to do anyway at a 1 year old's party? The only things I have right now on the list are eat, drink, and sing Happy Birthday. I need ideas!

While you're thinking of ideas for me, I'll give you a little preview of what I have planned.

Theme - Minnie Mouse (not over the top, mainly just red, black, and white polka-dots)

Location - local Community Center

Invitations - Alyssa and I made these on Photoshop...I think they turned out quite cute!



Birthday cake - 2 tier cake inspired by the images below:

 (I wish I would have chosen this pink instead of red as the theme color...I love it!)



Birthday outfit - did I say not over the top? because this might be a bit overboard:

I bought this tee with short sleeves and Lilyan's name on it at http://www.etsy.com/shop/makmaydesigns and the tutu at http://www.etsy.com/shop/jujustutus. I also bought a matching bow from http://www.etsy.com/shop/BetsyonEtsyBows. I can't wait to show pictures of her completed outfit!



Food - catered by Beltway BBQ second place winner Matty. He's making pulled pork and barbecue chicken, so so good. I've taken on the task of making the sides. We only have to feed about 60 people...that shouldn't be so hard, right?

Drinks - keg of beer. It is a Matheny party after all. For the (handful of) non-drinkers, sodas and water in these red cooler tubs I bought. Oh and Lily can have juice in her cute Minnie cup that I just now thought of buying.

Decorations - Mickey and Minnie ears for everyone (well for everyone that doesn't have a big head like me and can fit into a kid sized headband). Red, white, & black balloons. Cute red napkins with white polka-dots that I found at Paper Source.

Music - I'll go through my iTunes and see what Lily dances to and add it to my iPod. Maybe I'll even throw in the Mickey Mouse clubhouse theme song.

So, that's it. That's all I have so far! I still need to find a birthday banner, goodie bag gifts and more decorations. I have a lot of planning left to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment