0

ta ta for now FedExField!

Who would have thought that having a baby would be so expensive? I feel like all of my paychecks these days go to doctors bills, co-pays, formula, diapers, baby food, baby clothes, baby toys, baby everything! Last night I took Lily with me to Target and had to really refrain from buying her more toys. As we strolled through the toy aisle she stared at all the colors and blinking lights and looked so happy to be getting something new to play with. Yet, with determination I kept going and didn't stop once. Then I swear she sadly looked at her slobbery old singing bumblebee in her lap and rolled her eyes. I really felt bad that I didn't get her a new toy! What is wrong with me? What does she need more teething toys and rattles for anyway when two seconds later she's only interested in chewing on the receipt?

I have started to realize that all of the mental notes I used to take when I was around other kids are quickly disappearing (do not pick up baby every time she/he cries, do not fill house with pointless toys, do not become one of those organic mommies that uses the terms play date and bpa free). So for all those new mommies to be, or one day to be, forget the mental notes, because it all changes when you have a kid!

Anyways, back to the subject. So, all of these expenses means we have to cut back somewhere. Unfortunately that somewhere leads us to our Redskins Season Tickets. This is enough to bring a grown man to tears, like my husband. So, yes, we will be selling all of our club level season tickets this year and probably next year. On a brighter note, this means no more beltway traffic, drunken fights with 10 year olds, getting kicked out for throwing snowballs at Bears fans below us, suffering embarrassing losses (ahem, Rams), or overpriced food and beer. I'm sure this will be the year that we win every game at home and make it to the playoffs. Which, if that is the case, you can be sure we will NOT be selling those seats. Either way, as much as I'll miss all of the tailgating fun and being in the stadium after a win, I'm just excited that it's football season again!! As long as we have a TV to watch the games (even if its a 12 inch screen in the corner of a bar) I'll be happy.
LETS GO SKINS!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment