0

Skins' Draft Picks, Caps Game 7

I'm so glad the Skins didn't blow anymore of their money or future draft picks for Mark Sanchez. Granted, with our luck, he'll end up taking the Jets to the Superbowl, but for once, we need consistency with our offense and with Campbell still adjusting to a new system under Zorn, it would just take us back to square one with another new QB. Besides, I'm sure Snyder only wanted Sanchez for his marketability and good looks. What better way to earn him even more money, than a franchise player who could become the next face of the NFL? So, I may eat my words later this year when the Skins finish another mediocre season, but for now I am happy with the first couple draft picks we made:

Round 1 - Brian Orakpo DE - I don't follow college football too closely, but from what I hear, this man is a beast, a monster, a freak...and I love it! I mean look at him, he's huge! I'm surprised we were able to get him at No. 13 and although we could have used an OT, you can't pass him up and hopefully he will help the Skins pass rush. We sure as hell need it.

Round 3 - Kevin Barnes CB - Again, we could have used our picks to build up our offensive line, but I guess they were all taken during Round 2. (Good thing we traded our Round 2 pick for Taylor last year, that sure helped.) It looks like Barnes shows promise with his speed and agility...and with a hit like this, he kind of reminds me of Sean Taylor.

Our defense is stacking up nicely! Hopefully the Skins will develop some of their offensive linemen during the off-season and with the signing of two talented undrafted linemen (Burley & Williams) from UMD, we'll see what happens.


No, no I'm not. I'm so nervous/excited/anxious that I don't even want to watch. All I want is for them to pull this win off...then to win the next series, then the finals and go on to win the Stanley Cup, is that too much to ask?? I'm really hoping we win, but we don't have Brashear (thanks to a 6 game suspension) and we're playing at home so all the pressure is on us to win. Come on Ovie! I want to see more goals like this. We need to redeem ourselves from last year's loss in overtime in this exact same scenario. Can we pull it off tonight? I'm getting nauseous thinking about it. Maybe it's better if we lose tonight, I physically can't handle a Washington team being good for once.
Go CAPS!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment