1

silly lily


Lily is now 5 weeks old and I can't believe how much she has grown in such a short amount of time. It's amazing that I am able to pick up on the changes each day. Today I noticed that her eyelashes are now all black and no longer blonde. It's such a moot point, but just goes to show that each day something new comes up and that I get excited just the same.

Doctor's visits:
1 week visit = 7 lbs 1 oz, 20"
2 week visit = 8 lbs 2 oz, 21"
1 month visit = 9 lbs 4 oz, 21.75"

Our little peanut is getting big! Well, I should say heavier, because based on her length and head measurements she's only in the 50th percentile. Also, I'm not sure why, but since she was born she's been able to hold her head up for longer periods of time than normal. We try to keep her head down so she's not straining her neck, but then she just pushes our hands out of the way with her head! She's a strong girl! Oh and today, thanks to my friend Kennedy, I found this great site for baby clothes, hats, books, etc etc.

After reading her blog I wanted to contribute to the Cora Paige Project and bought a hat from the site where the proceeds go to the foundation. Then after a little more surfing, I came across another cute monkey hat. I can't wait to get them in the mail! 4-6 days away from another lily photo shoot :) I introduced her to the Bumbo today and she loved it! She didn't want me to take her out of it..something about her being independent and being able to see everything just makes her happy. Maybe that's why she doesn't like the Moby wrap because she's not old enough to face outwards yet. I thought the Moby was golden until I tried to put her in it when she was awake. She almost unraveled the whole thing by flailing her arms around! So until she's a bit stronger and old enough to be in the Lotus Hold, I will have to eliminate the Moby wrap, in addition to the bouncer...the two saviors I was counting on :(


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you found etsy... although i don't think your husband will be too happy. i have random hats and onesies showing every few days. kind of embarassing.

oh, and i was obsessed with my moby until ryan decided she would try to flip out of it. maybe i'll get it to work for her someday... but i've moved onto the ergo babycarrier.

Post a Comment